WHAT WE DO?
1. Vetting contracts for IP related clauses and ensuring that they comply with the institution’s policy and guidelines for IP management.
2. Creating awareness of the importance of IP and the need for proper IP management within the research community.
3. Implementing policies and processes to identify, protect, evaluate, commercialize and realize value from IP and technology for the benefit of society and industry.
4. Ensuring that institutional research practices and operational activities are I line with IP management policies and guidelines.
5. Ensuring that contracts are executed and monitored closely and that, overall, the IP portfolio is managed efficiently.
6. Providing the research community with access to the relevant expertise and advisory services that are required.
7. Facilitating the transfer of technologies to the market and society through licensing, donating or selling.
8. Keeping up with current IP and technology transfer management and practices in the field.
9. Strengthening the relationship between the academia and industry resulting in a mutually beneficial partnership.
10. Promoting the involvement of the students and staff in consultancy, research projects, testing of products and organizing workshops, conference and programmes.
11. Assisting faculties to have local and international research collaborations.
12. Conducting programmes for understanding the changing expectations of the industry for the purpose of evolving course contents and improve the quality of curricula adequately to meet the needs of the industry and economy.
13. Optimizing the deployment of physical and human resources of institutions and industries in the pursuit of development of student, faculty members and
organizations as well.
14. Integrating industrial training and other inputs from the industry with the teaching learning processes so as to develop the Students’ employability skills.
15. Acquainting the industry with the existing programmes, faculty expertise, facilities available for the further growth of both.
16. Assisting the industry in the selection of suitable candidates to fill up jobs positions through campus interviews and other selection procedures.
17. Organizing visits for the staff members to various industry and offer the industrial exposure.
18. Arranging the professional consultancy programmes by the faculty to industries.
19. Offering technical development training programmes to staff and students from industry.
20. Involving the working professionals in teaching and management of institutions.
21. Developing the entrepreneurial culture among the students with the support of prominent entrepreneurs.
OUR EXPERIENCED STAFF
Dr. R.A.P.I.S. Dharmadasa
University Business Linkage Cell
Mrs. W.M.A.A. Kulasinghe
University Business Linkage Cell
|Dean/ Faculty of Animal Science and Export Agriculture||UWU|
|Chairman/ Research Committee||UWU|
|Dean/ Faculty of Applied Sciences||UWU|
|Dean/ Faculty of Management||UWU|
|Dean/ Faculty of Technological Studies||UWU|
UBL Committee Members
|Dr. R.A.P.I.S. Dharmadasa||Director||University Business Linkage Cell|
|Mrs. W.A.A.A. Kulasinghe||Manager||University Business Linkage Cell|
|Dr. Nilushika Chandima Jayasinghe||Faculty Coordinator||Faculty of Management|
|Dr. G.A.A.R. Perera||Faculty Coordinator||Faculty of Animal Science and Export Agriculture|
|Prof. K.G. Premathilake||Cell Member||Faculty of Animal Science and Export Agriculture|
|Dr. K.G.C. Senarathna||Faculty Coordinator||Faculty of Technological Studies|
|Ms. W.G.S.R. Wijesundara||Cell Member||Faculty of Management|
|Mr. Ravindra Deshapriya||Cell Member||Faculty of Management|
|Mr. A.R.P.C.C.J. Amarasinghe||Faculty Coordinator||Faculty of Applied Sciences|
|Dr. M. A. R. L. Samaraweera||Cell Member||Faculty of Applied Sciences|