Most universities worldwide have by now some type of interaction with local, national or multinational industry. The type of interaction and its degree of intensity depends on many external and internal factors for instance the existence of:
- Research capacity within the university,
- An industrial base involved in ‘Research and Development’ (R & D) activities,
- The existence of governmental policies, initiatives structures or programs to stimulate collaborative R & D,
- A tradition of interaction between university and industry,
- An entrepreneurial culture within the higher education sector,
- An academic reward system and incentives.
Technology and Innovation Support Centre (TISC )
Establishing Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISC) in Sri Lanka is a joint project of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and National Intellectual Property Office (NIPO) of Sri Lanka. TISC of Uva Wellassa University is developed to provide easy access to high quality technology information and related services to the university staff, students and local inventors.
The UBL Cell of University of Uva Wellassa University finds the best way to commercialize your innovations providing the highest value to both inventor and the commercializing party while targeting the economic viability and sustainable development of the country.
Research and Development
Uva Wellassa University undertakes research in variety of fields related to following sectors by application of scientific knowledge. The UBL Cell of University of Uva Wellassa University is highly interested in collaborative scientific research in the above areas as well as other areas according to client requirements and resources available in the university.
– Animal Science and Aquaculture
– Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
– Food Science
– Entrepreneurship and Management Sciences
– Environment and Sustainability
– Material Sciences
– Computer Sciences
– Science and Technology
Supporting IPR Related ActivitiesThe UBL Cell of University of Uva Wellassa University supports drafting and filing your patents, copyrights, industrial designs and trademarks.
The UBL Cell of University of Uva Wellassa University has numerous highly experienced qualified specialists (academic members) from multidisciplinary fields to handle projects of any scale. Well talented and highly motivated undergraduate and postgraduate student base and well-trained technical staff play a perfect role in this activity where required.
We provide consultancy services on following areas;
- Science and Technology
- Animal Husbandry and Aquaculture
- Food Science
- Entrepreneurship and Management
- Tourism and Hotel Industry
- Computer Science and Informatics